Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I just thought I would tell you our schedule for the last week. We started out with Stake Conference in the Leesburg Stake on Saturday and Sunday. We had a wonderful dinner at President and Sister Carter's in Eustice, Florida on Saturday night and then to the adult meeting. They were so gracious to have us in their home. Sunday President and I both gave some remarks and then we stayed for a new member meeting with the Stake Presidency. It was an incredible meeting! We met with new members, and investigators and part member families. About sixty people, some shared their testimonies and a few others shared their conversion stories and their feelings about the church. It was a great meeting with some wonderful families. These new members will be a great asset to their wards. On Monday we had 2 new Haitian Elders arrive and had dinner and a testimony meeting. Tuesday we had Zone Conference from 6:45 am to 6:15 pm (meeting and travel time) then Wednesday we had Zone Conference at Lake Mary from 7:30 to 5:00 pm (meeting and travel time) Thursday we have another Zone Conference in Orlando and Friday is catch up day at the Mission Office. In Zone Conference the President teaches and I have to talk also. Saturday we might get in half a P Day and Sunday we speak in Sumterville in Sacrament Meeting and the 3rd Hour. I'm still not use to this speaking thing but I don't worry as much. The President has emails to answer every Monday from our 178 missionaries and I have phone calls from the missionaries about health issues from headaches, stomach problems, spider bites, sprained ankles, trouble sleeping, urinary tract infections, colds, home sickness, scrapes, and lots of other issues. It keeps me very busy as I have to call Missionary Medical to approve a lot of these medical issues. But I do have Dr. Hoffman, a retired doctor from BYU-Provo, that I can call any time. He is a very big help. But needless to say, the missionaries are well taken care of and I can get them into a doctor any time and very quickly. We're just trying to run the mission, but it keeps us very, very busy. The Orlando Stakes have great members who support us.

1 comment:

  1. Pres. and Sister Hall,

    I had no idea that your schedule would so busy. It sounds like you hardly get a chance to take a deep breath. I am sure that the members and missionaries in Florida love you both and are thrilled to have you there. Do you have staff people helping you cook and clean? How many miles do you put on your car a week? Has the oil spill affected your mission? It is so good to be able to follow you both while serving the Lord.

    May the Lord grant you the righteous desires of your hearts,

    Randy

    ReplyDelete